The Pop Culture Family is currently on vacation in Florida, visiting my in-laws. Now that we’re almost done with Day Three of our trip, a few things occur to me…
- When you’re going out of town for almost a week, a trial-sized tube of toothpaste just isn’t going to cut it.
- No matter how nice the resort, always bring your own soap – particularly when two out of three family members are allergic to pretty much everything.
- When you have a toddler who has some good potty days and some bad ones, never underestimate the loveliness and convenience of a hotel room that comes with its own washer and dryer. That’s two vacas in the last three weeks where we have been so blessed. Thank you vacation gods!
- Wherever you accidentally fail to put sunscreen will be the one area that gets the most sun (ask Pop Culture Toddler and Pop Culture Dad about that one…).
- Never go on vacation with a full suitcase unless you plan on FedEx’ing things back home.
- If the guy on the beach makes a “this wide” sign when jumping out of the water and the fish are going crazy, it means there’s a shark. Do not go in the water. I repeat, do not go in the water. [We were smart enough to recognize this; the ladies next to us, not so much].